Undoubtedly, like the majority, your favorite destination during the scorching summer might be your backyard pool. If you have recently become a parent, you would surely love introducing your baby to the world of swimming. At the present day, there are abundant baby pool floats to help your cause. That, however, increases your dilemma.
While trying to evaluate the best baby pool floats, you will find most of them have impressive features. If you are reading this right now, the intimidating task of finding the best and most importantly safest pool float will be over.
Firstly, we will familiarize you with the points to watch out before buying a baby float, and the ones that are ruling the roost. Finally, you can watch your little one enjoying the water under your supervision.
Things to Remember before buying a Baby Float
Getting under the hood
It is unwise to get any random baby float you get your eyes on. You must ensure the float protects your baby from the direct sunlight. You will find plenty of them that boasts incredible features but are devoid of sun protection.
Rekindle your memory; what did the pediatrician suggest to you? Do not expose the little one to the bright rays of the sun until they are six months old.
Your sunscreen is not recommended for the delicate skin of the baby. So, select a floating device with a canopy. It will safeguard the baby from direct sunlight. Furthermore, you can make them wear a hat for added protection.
Ensure proper safety
The safety of your child will naturally be the prime concern. Chances are while searching for these floats, many people suggest against using these pool floats. The million-dollar question is how you can be sure if a baby float is safe?
Always remember, even if you buy the best baby pool float, constant supervision is mandatory. Even a momentary carelessness can lead to a mishap.
Nevertheless, floats that include safety valves, seat straps, or have specific designs to keep your little one steady are excellent products.
What if you have twins?
Do not let the wrinkles settle on your forehead for long, as there are a plethora of inflatable floats for accommodating twins or more than one baby.
Usually, these products are suitable for older babies. The floats necessarily include a play center that does not let the baby to get distracted.
The Size of the pool float
That these floats are available in a wide array of sizes can complicate the buying decision further. Since these floats aim at accommodating babies of various ages, the dimensions ought to differ. Consider buying floats that are capable of extending with baby growth.
Particular baby floats are specifically designed to expand as your child grows. It saves you from the ordeal of purchasing new floats every summer.
Additionally, you can buy floats that include extra features that complement the activities of the baby.
Check the safety standards
The online marketplace and social media are abuzz with cute pictures of babies enjoying water activities with the aid of these floats.
But, a detailed search will also inform you about incidents where leading manufacturers of such products had to recall some of the floats as they did not meet the necessary safety standards.
As experts believe, any air-filled swimming pool floats, especially the neck floaties, can deflate, causing a hazard.
Why take a chance? Resist the tempting thoughts of sharing adorable pictures in the social media of your baby splishing and splashing in the water with a neck float.
Also, make sure you double-check the safety standards of these products, especially the thickness for safety and comfort. We reiterate parents should remain within an arm’s reach when their babies are out there in the water.
Best Baby Floating floats
In the list that follows, we have compiled those baby floats that are both safe and sport the ideal look to attract the attention of babies.
Most of these are identical to the toys they love playing. Then there are some, which appear as a replica of the adult floats, albeit in a smaller avatar. So, without much ado, let us bring into the light the top eleven such products.
#1 SwimWays Baby Spring Float Activity Center
This baby pool float from Swimways is designed to perfection. For the unaware, Swimways has several products that deservingly gets accolades. All their water-related products are rich in features and are equally good looking.
Moreover, the float integrates the best safety features for your baby like dual inflation chambers circling the seat, child safety valves, and the inside spring offer the much-needed sturdiness.
The float includes a canopy that can resist the harmful UV rays owing to its UPF 50+ capability. The mesh sides of the canopy let you keep a strict vigil on your baby. Swimways has made sure; its product ups the ante of the entertainment quotient for the sake of babies.
The little tots will love fiddling the removable octopus, stacking rings, fish toy, squeaker fish, and so on. As you can understand, the babies will make a constant effort to reach the octopus or the other toys; it will help to sit upright gradually.
Swimways recommends using this float for babies who are more than nine months old. However, in the tests we identified, the float is suitable for even younger babies.
The dual-inflated rings make the float super-stable. Understandably, younger babies will be unable to sit, and they will spend most of their time lying down. Thus, you may decide not to use the play station for the time being.
The best part, if you plan to visit a beach, you can use this float for your toddler. The sea, as you can understand, is a different ball game altogether, but the float can tackle the waves to its optimum capabilities. We are sure; you will be encouraged further, looking at the heap of praises showered by those who have purchased this float.
- The float is super-durable owing to its fabric-covered float.
- The inbuilt interactive play station is perfectly suitable for your toddler, and they will enjoy it a lot.
- The dual inflation chambers make it very robust.
- The float is easy to handle; you can fold it within minutes and get along.
- The removable canopy ensures, your little superstar is always safe from the harmful UV rays.
We could hardly find any drawbacks with this baby float. Some parents might find the activity center useless, as their kids are seldom going to spend time with them. Swimways does offer a solution for this too. You can detach the activity center if you wish.
#2 Intex My Baby Float
Intex My Baby Float offers ample room for your baby. With a diameter of nearly 27-inches, you will never complain about space shortage or the child feeling uncomfortable. The manufacturer has given a serious thought on the security aspect.
For this reason, the pool float comes with two rings, one large and one small, which provide the float increased stability. No matter where you use the float, chances of the baby falling is rare. Furthermore, the intelligently crafted leg holes, along with a saddle-style seat, ensure more comfort to the babies.
With features like dual air chambers, pillow backrest, and nearly ten gauge vinyl seat straps, your worries for a secure pool floater is now over.
My Baby Float is available in attractive colors and shapes. When your pool session is over, you can conveniently collapse the float and head towards your destination. Your kids, those who are within 1-2 years of age, will love the product. Despite its varied features and security aspect, the product is very affordable.
Those who had unfortunate experiences with such floats must have brought an inferior product. Use this baby float wherever you wish, like the sea, lake, or pool.
It will be rock-steady and offer the same level of comfort to the baby. Even the rough sea waves will be unable to tip the baby; such is its sturdiness.
Kids under the age of 6 months may find this float to be notably big. However, the straps will take care of the natural tendency of the babies to lean forward.
- The bigger diameter is the USP of this float. There are not many available products that offer this magnitude of security, along with a host of features.
- The introduction of the smaller ring enhances the security of the float, along with the dual air chambers to keep the baby safe and comfortable.
- The seating arrangement perfectly complements the size of the babies.
- The only area which, according to us, is a bit letdown is the absence of a sun protection canopy and a play station. With the inclusion of these, it could have become the numero uno product in this genre.
- We guess, owing to the absence of these features, the manufacturers could make this product available at such a low price.
#3 SwimWays 11649 Baby Spring Float Sun Canopy
SwimWays seemingly has an excellent reputation for designing baby floats. This product has similar features like the one which we discussed at first. As you can expect, the baby float aims to give the maximum support and comfort for the babies. With this baby float around, you can confidently escort your little one inside the waters, and let them splash around enjoying the fun. Watch how they grow in confidence, which will pave the path for them when they start taking swimming lessons.
Since the float is made out of see-through mesh, it makes it much convenient to keep an eye on the baby. By the way, it is the only baby float that comes with a patent spring technology. By this, the outside edges of the float get more stability. One thing with products from Swimways, they necessarily offer UPC 50+ sun protection and a canopy. Give a damn to the sweltering heat, and head towards the pool, knowing your baby is entirely safe from the harmful UV rays.
On the safety front, Swimways offers dual air chambers and safety valves too. No matter how much waves it interacts, the float will hardly sway, so your worries will become alien. And we forgot to mention; the canopy is detachable, remove it as and when needed. To add to the fun, the product is available in vibrant colors and is made out of the breathable materials, making it an unbeatable choice for the little ones.
It takes a couple of minutes barely to inflate this baby float. Thus, you have the freedom to hit the waters along with your baby whenever you desire. If you are a first-time parent, and nervous about your kid, let this float take care of all your nightmares. Get some toys in the floating ring part, to keep the baby focused. You will love it when you see your kid aged above nine months to 2 years enjoy their time in the pool of water around the chest, and simultaneously splashing the water out of the leg holes in sheer fun. The positive reviews of thousands of parents clearly indicate its awesomeness.
- The removable sun canopy, along with a robust fabric cover, offers ultimate comfort for your baby.
- The dual air chambers and the safety valves take care of the security aspects.
- The soft mesh material and the see-through meshes in the side lets you supervise the kids with more efficiency.
- It is available in a wide variety of colors. You can pick the one that is most appealing for your baby.
- Unlike the other product from the same manufacturer, it does not include any play station.
- Also, some people may complain about poor packaging. However, these are negligible flaws, considering the number of features it offers.
#4 Waitiee RO-12-Y Free Swimming Baby Inflatable
The Waitiee inflatable swimming float is available in three sizes, small, large, and extra-large. The small size float is perfect for babies aged 3 to 9 months. So, you can introduce your kid to water activities very early. The extra-large version supports toddlers up to six years. That is a wide range of variety, as you can see.
The float is incredibly durable since it is made out of PVC materials. The manufacturers ensure the material is not harsh for the baby’s skin. Available in purple and blue colors, as an adult, you might think only if there was one for the adults as well — the inflatable backrest, coupled with a seatbelt, guarantees maximum comfort for the baby. Moreover, the swim float ring will gradually accustom the little one to using a life jacket when required.
The uniqueness of this product is its design. It is tailor-made for the babies to be in a position where they can lay the foundation of swimming. The baby can move their feet, and the arms can also touch the water. Amidst all this hustle and bustle, the design of the float will never let the baby flip.
What more, there is no need to exhaust yourself in trying to inflate the float. It comes with a pump for the said purpose. Like some of the other premium pool floats, this product also has dual air chambers. It makes it easy to inflate and deflate the product.
Some babies might throw tantrums when trying to settle them in floats. But, the Waitiee is exceptional in this aspect. This float gives the baby the freedom they want to splash in the water on their terms.
When you see your kid is kicking the waters, he/she will realize, by doing so, they are moving forward. You can say, the ABC’s of swimming could not have been better for kids so young.
The float is ideal for older babies who are keen to swim like their elder brothers or sisters; they will learn quickly.
- The wide variety of products is undoubtedly the USP of the product. You do not get many floaties that support age groups of 3 months to 6 years.
- The design makes it the float very comfortable for the babies, and they can use the backrest for added security.
- Almost every feature of this float is perfect. But, a strap to go between the legs would have been an excellent addition.
- Also, the product lacks a proper instruction manual. For those who are new to using floats, might have to search around the internet for instructions.
#5 SwimSchool Sparky-The-Shark Fabric Baby Boat
The appearance is an instant hit, as it offers ample space, 36-inches to be precise, for a comfy ride for the toddlers. Like the leading pool floats, this product also boasts of dual air chambers leading to increased stability and security of the baby when in the water.
The floatie has desirable features like the canopy that includes UPF 50 sun protection. As you can expect, when the awning is not necessary, you can detach it with the utmost ease. The adjustable backrest is an additional bonus.
Since the floatie is suitable for babies aged between 6 and 24 months, you can fine-tune the backrest as needed. There are not many floats available that offers such flexibility. The safety seat helps to lift and secure the position of the little one when in the water. It also comes with attractive toys to keep the kid interested.
You will not find it a pain inflating the product when you are rushing with your infant to the nearest pool. Similarly, it does not take more than a few seconds to deflate and pack it when not in use.
The Shark Fabric Baby Float is ideal for over-sized babies. Generally, parents find it intimidating to get the right floatie. The massive space of this float can be of great help.
The 3-ply safety seat makes sure the baby is in safe custody. However, you should not use this product for babies who are unable to sit upright. The position is deep, and chances of such babies tipping over are a possibility. Lastly, do not include any toys that have the potential to puncture or deflate the floatie.
- The shark fabric baby float is the best choice for oversized babies owing to its vast space.
- The UPF 50 sun canopy safeguards the baby’s sensitive skin.
- The adjustable backrest and the 3-ply safety seat guarantee safety.
- You can inflate and deflate it within minutes, and it is easy to store for transportation.
- Although the manufacturers claim, the product is ideal for six-month-old babies; the seat is way too deep. There is a possibility of water getting into the mouth if the baby cannot sit properly.
- The latch for the sunscreen could have been a tad better, sometimes parents complain of the lock falling, and arrangements have to be made to keep it up
#6 Punada Baby Pool Float with Canopy
Of course, the other features also contribute to making it a decent choice. The float comes with a large canopy and can hold up to 44lbs of weight. Then there are the leg holes to help facilitate the little one kicking the waters.
The float is sturdy and is made of eco-friendly waterproof PVC material. Owing to the robustness, parents can be sure the float will seldom break or leak.
Now, you can let your kid enjoy the waters for as long as you want. The detachable canopy offers the best protection from the scorching sun.
Furthermore, either side of the float consists of sturdy handles. The child can grip them when plying in the waters. The steering wheel, which we mentioned earlier, accompanies a cute horn that beeps. Older kids, in particular, will love it, as they can drive the float and become the captain of the pool.
Surprisingly, in spite of these incredible features, the float is available at an affordable price. The manufacturers have not specified any age limit for using the product.
Any kid who is not over 44lbs can use the float without any problems. Understandably, not every baby is huge; even the skinny little tots can equally enjoy their time in the waters.
- The float made from the best PVC materials guarantees safety for your kids.
- The steering and a beeping horn are a welcome addition for kids.
- The manufacturer also offers a 100% money-back guarantee, by chance, if you do not find this float useful.
- The only problem with this product, it does not seem to hold air for a long time. Many parents using it have reported this. Anyways, close supervision is always advisable when your kids are wading in the waters on these floats.
- It seems this requires more attention to make sure it does not deflate suddenly. Otherwise, this float has all the potential to be among the top baby floating devices.
#7 SwimWays Baby Spring Float Sun Canopy
It includes all the essential features that we covered in SwimWays floats earlier. The canopy with UPF 50+ sun protection and mesh sides for increased visibility are present.
As you can expect, the baby float and canopy are easy to fold. The only reason we did not include it at the top is that; it will take some time before you get accustomed to flattening it.
Even the seat is made out of soft mesh that provides the necessary comfort and security for your little one. Additionally, the dual air chambers draped in the bright, colorful fabric makes use of the jet valve technology for added security.
The play area present between the air chambers helps the baby to fiddle with toys or if splash the waters if they like.
You need not arrange for the toys, as the float comes with an interactive play station. It includes tethered toys for your convenience. After taking it out of the pool, the float dries pretty quickly.
You can also use this product even if your baby is younger than one year. Many parents of 9-months old had a great time in the waters with this float.
Moreover, for the babies who cannot sit upright, the float has enough space to snuggle inside. Undoubtedly, this product from SwimWays is a much safer alternative compared to carrying them in the arms. However, before using it, make sure you inflate the inside and the outside ring to the full capacity.
- The inclusion of the interactive play station along with toys makes the float lovable.
- The soft mesh seat adds to the comfort of the baby, and the mesh sides let you view the baby continuously.
- The adjustable and foldable float is easy to handle.
- Generally, it is not easy to identify flaws from a SwimWays product. However, if we have to define a defect, the mesh seat is intense, and thus, it is unsuitable for smaller babies. But then, the company already mentions, this product is for one-year-olds.
- Some parents complain about the snaps that connect the canopy are too delicate; they tend to snap after using it for some time.
#8 Peradix baby pool float with canopy sunshade
Here we introduce you to a competitor of the Shark Fabric Baby Float. Feature-wise, both of them are identical, but the product from Peradix has a slight edge over its competitor. Recently, the manufacturers upgraded their float, making it thicker and sturdier.
Now, the product is available with a free repair patch. By chance, if the float incurs damages, you can repair it right away. Thus, you and your baby need not sacrifice the fun activities for the sake of fixing it. Peradix also offers full replacement and a one-year warranty.
If for any reason, you do not like the product, get in touch with the company, and they will do the needful in a couple of days.
The broad base, side handles on the edges for a stronger grip, a comfortable backrest, and a reinforced safety seat are some of its other features.
Since babies tend to get tired after seating for a while, the backrest will offer the best support to rejuvenate them. The design makes it easy for the baby to remain flexible. They can move their arms and legs freely without any obstruction.
The detachable canopy offers the best protection against the UV rays. And yes, the steering and a honking horn will keep your little one focused on it. With the help of this float, the baby will soon become familiar with water.
The child safety valves and hand grips make it suitable for using it on the pools, seas, or even at a large bathtub. Remember to hang the float after use to overcome any foul odor due to extensive usage. The quality of the float is much superior to any other products available at the stores.
One more reason that makes the product unique, it does not include plugs for inflating and deflating it. Thus, you can be sure; it will never pop open when the baby is sitting on the float.
- Strong and sturdy, the product also comes with a host of utilities like the repair patch, canopy, sunhat, and sand molds.
- The safety valves and the non-inclusion of plugs for keeping the float inflated guarantees the float has little chances of leakages.
- Not much to write here, unless you are trying to fit a small baby into the float. Preferably the older kids will enjoy their water-stay much better.
#9 SwimSchool Deluxe Tot Trainer, Fabric Swim Training Aid
Now, let us shift our focus on a float that is necessary for the older babies only. The SwimSchool Tot Trainer delivers everything required for a toddler for the pre-swimming lessons. It takes care of the most important aspects, balancing, supporting, and positioning for the child.
Within a few days, your young one will achieve the confidence to wade in the waters. The material made of heavy-duty vinyl is robust. The inclusion of no-leakage valve takes care of the security aspect.
The swim sweater vest is safe and adjustable. It fits well around the torso, accompanied by an adjustable safety strap. The soft material of the fabric ensures the kid has no difficulties in moving their arms and legs while learning to swim. The fabric material dries quickly, and it is easy to inflate and deflate it. The float is best for kids aged two to four years.
While using this float, either you or a trainer must accompany the kid — double-check whether the child is feeling comfortable when you fit the Tot trainer.
As already mentioned, the adjustable strap will let you alter the positions until the kid gets used to it. As this is not a floating device for babies, it does not have a canopy.
However, the vest is made from the soft UPF 50 material. The sensitive skin of your child is well protected. After usage, you only need to wash it in clean water and let it dry until the next usage.
Please read the instructions before using the product. Some parents using this float feel the float submerges the kid forward. The problem will not recur if you loosen the crotch belt facilitating the inner ring/tube to float up. Once set up correctly, notice how your kid appreciates the time spent in the pool with the others.
- The SwimSchool Deluxe is one of the floats specifically designed for ages 2-4 years.
- It can fit securely and safely, and the product does not cause any discomfort to the toddlers.
- The durable PVC inner tube, along with safety valves, makes sure; the kid does not fall ever.
- The method of inflating the float is old-fashioned. You ought to use your mouth to fill in air. That too, if not done with precision air will start leaking immediately.
- The product has undergone an overhaul recently. Some parents believe the earlier version of this product was better. Though that calls for a debate, you should make the decision when you are sure; you can handle this.
#10 Revoq Baby Flamingo Inflatable Pool Float
You, along with your child, will love this cute Flamingo inflatable pool float. The product perfectly mimics a huge toy, and your kids are going to love it at first sight. Notably, the baby girls will fall for it, as they are naturally attracted to pink.
It is ideal for Kids between the age of 8 and 24 months. So far, all the products we covered here are durable and sturdy, and the Flamingo inflatable is no exception. Even for the kids who tend to are aggressive, the product is a perfect fit.
It has a dual valve system, which guarantees the best floatation, and the chances of your little one tipping over are non-existent. The 2.5 ft ample space offers a comfortable ride wading in the pool.
The float is suitable for both indoors and outdoors, and it also makes a great gifting alternative for your loved ones.
If you have a younger kid and cannot wait for a few months, this float is still a safe proposition. The seating arrangement accommodates kids of all sizes.
Why should you leave out the fun of not playing in the waters just because your tot is too young to get inside the float? You can read the reviews of satisfied parents. They have incredibly lovely things to say about their experience with this product.
- The manufacturers of this product insist on a 100% satisfaction guarantee. If you find anything wrong with their product, they will spare no effort to solve it.
- The robust and durable float is designed for babies of all ages.
- The main attraction, i.e., the pink color, gradually fades away.
- For first-time users, it can take some time before they learn to inflate the float correctly.
#11 Intex Recreation 56584EP Froggy
Here is one more product from Intex in the baby float genre. The earlier product we covered was targeted for young tots, and this one is for older ones.
Despite being lightweight, it can support the weight of the growing kids with elan. One of its exceptional features is its three-chamber design. The product is ideal for parents who want to ensure their kid’s safety when in the water.
The Intex Recreation Froggy appeals to the kids owing to its design and guarantees safety and comfort for them. Though the product does not include a natural canopy, it does support an inflatable sunshade along with leg holders. The stain-proof outer surface makes it easy for you to clean it after usage.
The only drawback is, the awning is at a weird angle. Thus, you might find it a tad challenging to place your babies in the float correctly. If you can master the art, then you can enjoy hours of nonstop water activities with your kid. The float is not the best choice if you plan using it in the seas. The absence of a backrest is a letdown.
- The frog-shaped baby float will be an instant hit among babies.
- It has ample space and does not compromise with the comfort of your tot.
- The three-chamber design is unique, and it provides more excellent stability.
- The weird angle of the sunshade can dampen the spirits of parents.
- A pump for inflating the float would have been a better option.
As we all know, swimming or water activities help us relax our muscles. Why should you leave your tots behind? All the eleven products we covered in this review are safe and comfortable for your beloved child. Go for the baby float, which brings a sparkle in your eyes owing to its design and features. That is it, and you are ready to hit the waters. Before winding up, we remind you once more, never leave your child alone in the float. Regardless of their secure and comfortable space, mishaps can happen. Happy swimming, everyone.